Here is another good plugin that Swami Digianand ever came across on the web and that has a huge potential to turn the heads of millions of bloggers still struggling with the Buddypress user experience. Create your online community for free with the World’s most popular community & user profile WordPress plugin. This plugin is the real hero, and yes it’s no other than Ultimate Member. You can download the plugin here.
I still remember, when I started blogging and wanted a have user restrictions on my website, and also did not want to provide the back end access of the website to the users, I was really struggling to get the results. I did install Buddypress, and tried and tested all the features, but then you do not have cool user experience. And then I came across the plugin Ultimate Member. This plugin works with all the themes like the themes from Themeforest and Genesis Framework (StudioPress)
How Ultimate Member Can Help Build Awesome Communities For A WordPress Website
Like all other WordPress plugins, installing this plugin is like a breeze. Once activated, you will have the option to totally customize the software the way you want it to perform.
- Doing the setting in the Ultimate Member is very easy. You start with setting the desired pages that you want to associate with for the various options.
- You can define how the users information will be displayed on the front end, how the URLs will be created for each of the user that creates an account.
- Choose how the account page would look like in terms of the tabs visibility. Also you can allow or disallow users to delete an account that they have created an account on your website. Changing email, passwords, requirement of strong passwords, these are all done with only a few click of buttons during setting the plugin.
- Now comes the heart of the Ultimate Member. This is the access control. You need to be extremely careful in setting this page and you should not allow the backend access to any one. I hope you remember this. I had explained this in my post 10 tips to save your website from hacking.
- Setting of the emails is another very useful feature in this plugin. You can customize the messages that you would like to send to your users.
- In case you want the admin to receive notifications on the various signups, deletions etc, that can be customized over here.
- Now comes the further fine-tuning for the look and feel of the front end for the users. You can choose the dimensions of the image, the cover photo, image quality, image size and the upload size
- The SEO parameters can be set under the SEO tab.
- The appearance tab will help you change the look and feel of the various buttons and tabs that you will be using.
- It is always recommended to use Google reCAPTCHA plugin. You can integrate the reCAPTACH by installing this plugin. This is highly recommended.
- Now let’s look at the forms options that comes built in with the Ultimate Member. There are 3 built in forms, that can be immediately be used. In case you want to create more forms, you can create as many as you want.
- Conditional Menu is a vital feature that comes free with this plugin. You can choose which menu items are viewable to the users based on their role.
- You can customize the forms the way you want it. The information you want to be entered and the way this information should be displayed. Everything is customizable and that too it’s a simple drag and drop. It comes with a built in 3 forms and you can create as many forms as you want.
- If you want to import the BuddyPress avatar into the Ultimate Member, you can do so with a click of a button.
In case you are interested to further increase the functionality, then you should go in for a pro version. When buying the extensions my recommendation is to go for a Core Bundle Extensions.
The regular price for all these extensions is $1175, but you can get it for $199 if you are going to buy the Core Bundle. All the extensions that are included in this package are really useful.
They have a forum support as well which can be accessed here.