A great tool for someone who is slow in typing, not in a mood to type or even for those who are looking for the tools to increase their productivity. Internet space is full of speech to text softwares. They will listen to your voice and will convert it to the text version which you can easily use. These software works great with a person having either American or British accent. But when it comes to converting text using the voice of a person with Asian accent and more particularly Indian accent, oh! You will have to crack your head. You will actually try to twist your tongue in all possible ways, so that the software can recognise your voice. Even if you try to use Google translate, it does not work so well. You need to make very small sentences.
Speech To Text Converter Specially For Hindi, Indian English and other Languages
After having wasted so many hours on the internet searching for the right software, yesterday Swami Digianand suggested a software, that I felt has been made for us, the Indians.
You can speak in your normal form and it is going to type it for you the way you are spoken it. Trust me I was actually speechless after I saw this software.
So now you have a freedom from typing. Just dictate and the software will it type it for you. So no more typing.
Since it’s difficult to believe what I am saying so I just created a small video, so that you can have a look at this video and you yourself will see the power of the software that I’m talking about.
This software is absolutely free and it comes as an extension to Google Chrome.
If you are satisfied by this software then you can add it into you Google Chrome extension. Later in this post, I will also explain the steps that you need to take to include it as an extension.
This software is going to save a lot of time for all those people who do not like typing. Teachers, student’s bloggers like us who need to type a lot will really be benefited from this software. This tool also becomes very handy for the people who are interested to write books or would like to create notes.
So now we can create a lot of time, which can be used more productively for some other activities, may be for marketing your business properly.
What you read till now is the same text I have used for creating this video and you can see the accuracy of this software.
Excited, right. Even I was in the same position. Also wanted to tell you that this software works equally well for Hindi as well. So you can convert Hindi voice to text. Since I know a bit of Bulgarian, so I tried that as in worked flawlessly. There are several other languages that are supported by this software. While I was speaking, you must have observed that there were very few errors that this software made. Rarely will you find such softwares.
How to install VoiceNote II
No let me explain how you can install this extension in your Google Chrome. Please note if you want to install this extension you should be logged into your Google account
- Open Google Chrome and type VoiceNote II
- Search for this extension or else use click this URL
- Alternatively open your extension management and search for Voice Notes II
- Look for this particular application that I have highlighted
- Click on the Add to Chrome Button
- You will be asked for a confirmation
- Now this extension has been installed and you will see if I can on the right top of the toolbar.
- Now click on this application and the application opens.
- At bottom left corner, you would find an option to choose your language. Choose the language of English and the country of India.
- Also you have other options to change your setting, add dictionary, your saved notes you can change these settings as well if you want.
- Now see that you have your microphone connected to the machine on which you have installed this extension. And when you are ready, click on the microphone icon and you are all set to have your first speech to text conversion.
Once done, you can either download the file or else, simply copy paste the text in another word file.
Here are the software details:
- Title: VoiceNote II – Speech to text.
- Slogan: Easy typing. He writes what you say.
- Current Version: VoiceNote II (2-nd generation).
- Series: Chrome VoiceNote.
- Release: April 2014.
To use the Chrome VoiceNote, you will need:
- Internet Connection
- For speech recognition in Voicenote you require an internet connection.
- Action with a notebook and with a dictionary don’t require internet connection.
- Configured microphone
- Correct pronunciation
- Press Ctrl + Space to Start/Stop.
- Double-click in text to select text.